Thursday, April 10, 2008

April 10: The Verdict

SIDE EFFECTS FOR THIS DAY: headaches (pain rating 2); left groin pain (pain rating 4); pain on left side (4); left knee pain (pain rating 2); left leg pain (pain rating 2); general lower back pain (7); pain in ears and throat (pain level 5);fatigue; heart palpitations/racing; chest pain; pain in lungs; lower ab muscles weak; white noise in ears; prickly pain - like a random stabbing with needles in the face, feet and legs; red, itchy, painful rash on left arm, left thumb, abdomen, nose, chest, right ring finger; hot flashes/night sweats.

I went to the doc's today in hopes that I might be removed from this drug. Dr. K thinks I am still experiencing an estrogen flare and I should tough it out so we know for sure. She did give me something else for the headaches (non-narcotic) and some ointment that is supposed to help with the spreading rash. That's not what I wanted to hear because I'm ready for the severity of the side effects to go away. Dr. K said she had not predicted anything quite this severe but still felt like this is in the scope of the estrogen flare and not the actual drug.

The rash has now jumped over to my thumb. It not only itches in all the affected places, it also burns. It itches a lot now!

My ears hurt and my throat hurt. I wonder if I am coming down with something or if these are more side effects.

My lower back was pretty awful today. I do not feel depressed though; that at least is an improvement. The headaches stayed very low. Still very tired so I'm calling it an early night.

No comments: