Thursday, April 3, 2008

April 3: Paradigm Shift

SIDE EFFECTS FOR THIS DAY: headaches (pain rating 6); left groin pain (pain rating 6); pain on left side (6); left knee pain (pain rating 4); left leg pain (pain rating 5); fatigue; feeling of electricity in the face; heart palpitations/racing; chest pain; hot flashes/night sweats.

Today was a mixed bag. I woke with a low buzz headache, which lead me to wonder whether these headaches come on because I am interrupting something upon waking. I do not ever sense a headache when I am asleep. I know hot flashes occur then. My vague understanding is that the pituitary gland is involved in the GnRH antagonist (am i using the terminology correctly?). Are the headaches the body's response to not being asleep when these adjustments are being made? Not sure why I had that sense this morning, but I suddenly realized I am never woken by a headache. Perhaps that would explain why symptoms are less in the morning? Just a theory...

There were times today when the headaches were problematic. I was working at a friend's office today trying to help with an email campaign set-up. Every once in a while I just wanted to put my head down. I worked through it but then when I got up to leave, the pain in my side was severe. Funny I didn't feel it until I moved. Plus, it was both sides. And then my back kicked in. I wanted to stand as still as a statue.

And here again, this is when I was faced with survival. I'm trying to do the normal things that come up in my life... trying to figure out the new paradigm.... trying to do the old normal in the new normal environment. How does that work, I wonder?

No comments: