Saturday, April 5, 2008

April 5: Some Like It Hot

SIDE EFFECTS FOR THIS DAY: headaches (pain rating 1); left groin pain (pain rating 4); pain on left side (2); left knee pain (pain rating 3); left leg pain (pain rating 3); general lower back pain (2); fatigue; low mood; heart palpitations/racing; chest pain; pain in lungs; lower ab muscles weak; hot flashes/night sweats.

My doctor and I had discussed add-back therapy as a way to combat hot flashes and sweats. To be honest, I've been so cold for so many years, I actually enjoy the heat. It doesn't seem to wake me up even though I sweat profusely at night. I'm all for fewer drugs if I can help it.

I've been reading some other endometriosis journals that I have run across and will add links to help others. I would never wish this condition on anyone else, but as I read other journals, I do feel comforted in that others have some similar symptoms. Sometimes when you lose so much sleep and are fighting something adverse, you wonder if part of this is self-inflicted. I am reading about others having the same leg pain and pain below the ribs (left side like me). Does anyone know why we get this?

For a disease that affects so many women, it seems like the drug companies would stop trying to make billions more off of everything else and would attack this disease for a while. Haven't you made enough money already? Why not run fewer ad spots and throw a little money this way??

I also rest in the fact that I have already been doing a lot of things right. Over and over again I'm reading about the importance of nutrition, especially cutting processed foods, foods with estrogens, and trying not to expose yourself to certain pesticides. So for those of you that have given me crap about the way I eat over the years, you can stop now (that's the sanitized version of what I'd really like to say to you).

This is a good sign! I'm snarky again! :-P

1 comment:

My Endo Journey said...

Haha, I love the word snarky!

What kind of pain do you have below your rib? For YEARS I've had on and off "pleurisy" type pains...sometimes in the upper part of my chest, sometimes the lower-and was aggrevated with deep breathing. Sometimes I could attribute it to my shoulders-certain tender "knots" would ease the pain when I applied pressure there. Other times I noticed flares when I had anything to drink (wine or beer). I assume it's some sort of inflammatory response? That's my best guess on mine.