Tuesday, April 22, 2008

April 22: Living

SIDE EFFECTS FOR THIS DAY: headaches (pain rating 7); left groin pain (pain rating 3); pain on sides (7); lower back pain (7); lower ab muscles weak; hot flashes/night sweats; needle-like feeling in legs; weak; white noise in ears.

Today started out as no headache and then by 5pm it took over. Earlier in the day, I was having problems with mobility from the aches in my body. And when I taught piano, I was hoarse and without energy. Then the migraines started. So I took some Fioricet and though I am on that barbiturate buzz, I'm still sitting up sans headache.

Today has been odd. I've been trying to work and practice, but was derailed by uncovering some disturbing news. I won't go into it here, but this is life. And how does one still deal with the normal bumps in the road when the status quo is a pot hole. When I have the answer, I will let you know.

I have a HUGE performance this weekend. I'm praying for clarity and health. It's out of my hands and I recognize that too. As we say in German, was kann man tun?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I also have endo, am on Lupron, and get migraines.

About your abdominal pain... can you describe it? For me, I have intestinal spasms under my left ribcage, then occasional stabbing pains. A colonoscopy (two weeks ago) showed gastritis and was inconclusive for Crohn's. I had a blood test yesterday that is supposed to be 92% accurate in diagnosing IBDs, so I'm eagerly awaiting those results. Part of me is actually hoping the stomach issues are just the endo, and that they will dissipate in time with the Lupron. I am in my second month of Lupron, having started it on March 17.

My Endo Journey said...

Ser Guht?

Sorry about your bumps in the road yesterday. They do seem harder to deal with when you feel like the you have already hit the bottom.

Hope your week ends on a higher note!