Monday, April 21, 2008

April 20: Treading Water

SIDE EFFECTS FOR THIS DAY: headaches (pain rating 5); left groin pain (pain rating 3); pain on sides (5); lower back pain (6); lower ab muscles weak; white noise in ears; mental confusion; hot flashes/night sweats; needle-like feeling in legs; exhausted.

I am ridiculously behind on a number of projects, even with canceling next Monday's concert. With so few hours where I can focus (meaning not dealing with side effects from one drug or another), I get so little done. Which brings up a point for women with families and/or jobs that do not allow telecommuting: just how does one get through this and be functional?

The lower back pain was more present today... a stabbing pain on the right side. It was fleeting but came back often. It's the kind of pain that startles you and makes you catch your breath.

I'm also worried about (just as some of you that have written me) the estrogen surge on the other end of this treatment. Does that happen to everyone if our bodies aren't ready to go into menopause (which would mean nearly all of us)?

To echo a brave gal that wrote me lately, there has to be a better way.

1 comment:

My Endo Journey said...

When does the estrogen surge stop? Does it happen with the 2nd shot, or, is that just an initial thing? I'm definitely confused about that. Do you know? Definitely something for me to ask...
Seems that today might have been a bit of a better day for you? I hope so!