Tuesday, April 29, 2008

April 29: Don't know what you got 'till it's gone

SIDE EFFECTS FOR THIS DAY: headaches (pain rating 2); left groin pain (pain rating 8); pain on sides (2); lower back pain (3); lower ab muscles weak; hot flashes/night sweats; weakness and extremely tired; reduced mobility; blurred vision; lack of focus.

I was so tired today. Last night I had some of the sharpest groin pains I have had in a long time. Not quite sure why that would be happening and I am still getting the sense that I am having ovulatory pain. That puzzles me because I thought by now that would be impossible. Am I not in menopause yet? Isn't my ovulation completely suppressed?

So many facets of this drug regimen I just don't understand. Other than the weakness and being very, very tired, today was not that bad. So I've had a few decent days strung together. Interestingly, I feel as though one doesn't truly know one's gifts until you've had them taken away. So when I have a decent day (which is still worse than the pre-Lupron days) I feel like celebrating! Woo-hoo!

Originally I was supposed to be out of town today but I've rescheduled travel for the weekend. I hope I am feeling up to it!

1 comment:

AmandaJB said...

You've been taking it for six weeks now (at least), and you've not had one good day. Were things this bad pre-Lupron? Its heartbreaking reading your daily struggle - is it worth it? Amanda