Tuesday, April 15, 2008

April 15: Round two

SIDE EFFECTS FOR THIS DAY: headaches (pain rating 5); left groin pain (pain rating 3); pain on left side (3); general lower back pain (1); neck pain (pain rating 7); lower ab muscles weak; white noise in ears; hot flashes/night sweats; exhausted; extreme dizziness/light headedness.

Wow! I just discovered they put birds on Lupron?! What?! And they don't seem to like it any better than we do:
http://community.livejournal.com/cockatiels/1000152.html

Last night the headaches tried to ramp up, but I took the Fioricet and I think it worked to keep it moderate. However, today, I needed to be clear-headed to finish taxes and drive to the doctor's office. No meds (do you think I could endure natural childbirth by the end of all this???). My spouse, who has only seen me probably four days in the last eight weeks because of his own schedule, noticed how shaky I was. And I thought I was having a decent day! But this does demonstrate why I have not felt that comfortable driving more than a few miles. Something isn't quite right and I do not know how to describe it. There are times I feel addled, I forget words, I forget where I am. There are times when my hands are shaking, that I cannot stand, that I cannot do anything that requires muscular control - but not because I feel overmedicated. Something feels imbalanced and I lack the words for an accurate description.

So today was the big day: Lupron Redux (a.k.a. Injection #2). The last injection day was no big deal so I thought today would be easy. I looked a little bit more at the shot and its container (I was too scared last time). It comes with a liquid and a powder that is separated; the nurse then draws the liquid into the powder and mixes it. There were five nurses watching because they had not seen it before. Really makes me wonder how often they administer this drug.

I got a different nurse this time. While I might be on the petite side, I do not lack a rear-end for them to give me this drug. However, somehow this nurse, sweet as she was, managed to miss my ass!!!! Can you believe it? It was too high... for a second I thought she had nabbed a kidney. The room went black and I thought I was fainting. What a whimp I am! On the way home, I felt awful and could barely drive. There was a vice like pain that started at my spine from my shoulders and tightened its grip on the back of my neck into my head. So much for the no-brainer. Ugh.

Tomorrow is an early flight. I get to be at my other place for the first time in three months. I've missed it and hope I can rest before my rehearsal on Friday and a very busy Saturday. Hoping for health and the least side effects possible. That seems to be my daily prayer as of late.

1 comment:

My Endo Journey said...

I'll definitely be saying some prayers for you.

Do you think the headache medicine is causing all your odd symtoms? My migraine medicine does that-I HATE it. I rarely take it, unless I am somewhere where I absolutely can't lie down. Is there something else they could try? I hope all that goes away soon. It sounds very unpleasant, and I wish this on no one for sure!!!

I gotta check out this bird link you posted!!! BIRDS?!?! Poor little things.