Wednesday, April 16, 2008

April 16: A fog descends

SIDE EFFECTS FOR THIS DAY: headaches (pain rating 3); left groin pain (pain rating 3); pain on left side (3); general lower back pain (5); neck pain (pain rating 3); lower ab muscles weak; white noise in ears; inner ear pain (4); chest pain (5); mental confusion; hot flashes/night sweats; exhausted.

Today was a big test. I had to fly to my other residence. On normal days for me, this would be no big deal. There were some years I was on a plane 40 times. But today, everything became more significant. I would have to spend more time out of bed. I would have to pack a rollerboard, drag it, get to and from the car, go through security, etc. All the things that used to be normal, now seem huge.

I hadn't seen my other place for three months. A few things happened that were disconcerting to me. I couldn't remember a neighbor's name and had to ask my spouse. Tonight, I couldn't remember the way to the theater from our house. The house seemed new. I had no recollection of where I had put anything.

This is a little frightening.

I know how hard I fight every day to make mental connections, to think past pain, to stay focused. What is this new fog? This seems to go beyond the befuddlement of recent days. These are huge lapses in memory. Has anyone experienced this?

1 comment:

My Endo Journey said...

I have read about mental confusion with other people's encounters with Lupron before. I'm sure it has something to do with the hormonal imbalance taking place. Isn't that a symptom during menopause too? I hope these lapses are FEW and FAR between! Perhaps it's worth a call to the Dr. or to the script assist? (Have you found that very helpful? I'm not sure I have). Or, maybe even better, a pharmacist-they are always helpful on such topics. Good luck this weekend!