Saturday, April 19, 2008

April 18: Surviving in the new normal

SIDE EFFECTS FOR THIS DAY: headaches (pain rating 7); left groin pain (pain rating 3); pain on sides (5); general lower back pain (3); lower ab muscles weak; white noise in ears; chest pain (5); mental confusion; hot flashes/night sweats; needle-like feeling in legs; exhausted.
I made it through my rehearsal. It wasn't my best singing though I don't believe it was my worst. I had the lovely experience of a migraine and a hot flash during. Plus, when I felt the headache coming on, I had taken 800 mg of Ibuprofen to see if it would buy me some time (still was wary of the Fioricet) which rendered me hoarse. Oh, the life of a singer.
I felt tired and anemic while singing... like I was using a 10th of my voice. Tomorrow proves to be another long day as we have to drive to my sister's wedding. My spouse reworked his schedule to go since I still cannot drive.
Good news is that Fioricet seems to be very effective against these headaches. Finally something that works. The side effects from the Fioricet are becoming more tolerable. I hope to drive longer distances soon.
Must close for now. So tired and tomorrow includes 10 hours of driving.

No comments: