Saturday, March 22, 2008

March 22, 2008: The Pain Game

SIDE EFFECTS FOR THIS DAY: headaches (pain rating 4); pain points that are no longer connected (pain rating 7): left groin, left side transverse colon meridian; hot flashes during evening and night only; heart racing; left leg pain; knee pain(pain rating 4); bloatedness; intense, fleeting skin pain/tenderness (pain rating 8).

There's a science to pain management. You have to stay ahead of the curve, which I did not do as well today. If I take Darvocet at night which fights pain via acetaminophen and narcotic, then I can take 3.2g of Ibuprofen the rest of the time. This seems to be the most effective in terms of functionality, ability to work, and self-sustainability.

Today, I got behind the game. I woke up with my skin on either side feeling as though it were severely bruised. I couldn't touch those areas without feeling as though I were poking myself with a red-hot iron. This effect was fleeting. The groin pain and side pain were intense and left me with greatly compromised mobility. The headaches came and went, but were more under control. I did not feel the pinching of the facial muscles as I had in recent days.

My side and my groin were very pained, moreso than usual. But there were good times today too. I finished three major marketing campaigns and was well on my way on the fourth. My focus was better. Hopefully, that will continue into tomorrow if I stay on medicinal schedule.

No comments: