Thursday, April 24, 2008

April 23: Trying to Move Forward

SIDE EFFECTS FOR THIS DAY: headaches (pain rating 4); left groin pain (pain rating 3); pain on sides (4); lower back pain (4); lower ab muscles weak; hot flashes/night sweats; needle-like feeling in legs, face; extreme weakness and tiredness; white noise in ears.

I was tired all day today. I woke up early and then fell asleep later in the day for a few hours, but nothing diminished how tired and weak I feel. I believe that I read on someone else's blog that lack of estrogen causes the tiredness. Really? Do our hormones really have that much control of us?

I've always firmly believed that an important part of life was bettering ourselves through self-analysis and fixing what's broken. Otherwise, the same problems present themselves over and over again in our lives.

I hate feeling stagnant, in any regard. I want to move forward. I want to solve this and the other issues that I feel need to be solved so I can move on to the next challenge. If we don't move forward, what is life? What's the purpose? Just sitting in front of the TV and punching the time clock at work? I won't accept the status quo or that there is no answer to this condition or that there is no answer to everything else going on. There is always an answer. We just might not like it. But that's the point. Learn your lesson and move on.

Easy to say but hard to do when you are stuck in bed...

1 comment:

My Endo Journey said...

I was reading about menopausal symptoms, and, exhaustion was one of them-"Physical causes for Crashing Fatigue: Estrogen hormones have a definite effect on crashing fatigue since they regulate the level of cortisol (hormone responsible for tiredness). If estrogen levels drop, cortisol will be uncontrolled, leading to crashing fatigue."

Fun, huh? I miss my hormones.