Saturday, April 26, 2008

April 26: I'm a guy

SIDE EFFECTS FOR THIS DAY: headaches (pain rating 8); left groin pain (pain rating 3); pain on sides (4); lower back pain (6); lower ab muscles weak; hot flashes/night sweats; weakness and tiredness; reduced mobility; vivid dreams.

So maybe I should gone with the Danazol, as I am currently sitting here on a strong barbiturate buzz watching the NFL draft. I've always been a sports fanatic though I am a huge klutz. I'm a rabid ACC basketball fan, Braves fan and a NFL junkie. Watching the commercials and camera takes of these well-sculpted athletes just makes me want to go outside and pretend I could be a pro-bowl running back. (That's the Fioricet talking).

I'm coming out of my mood/funk. As usual, it lasted about ~three days, but I think the estrogen loss is making is more severe. Yesterday was awful... sad, despondent, inconsolable.

I think the groin pain is lessening... I think. The other night was bad but for the most part, I perceive that it is less. But at what cost? My voice? The rest of my body? My financial security (guess what - artists that don't work, don't get paid). I'm not even as functional as I was with just endometriosis, so is this really worth it? I've been out of the house twice in the last week.

Headaches today started from the moment I opened my eyes. I waited awhile to see if it would go away. No luck. Thus, the Fioricet, which is very effective. Just not very functional while on it.

That's it for right now. Hoping for the best for the performance tomorrow.

1 comment:

My Endo Journey said...

Good luck tomorrow! So sorry about the funk and everything that has been going on. If things don't clear up soon, I wonder if another shot is worth it? Sounds like some pains have shifted though-maybe that's a good sign? I hope so! I'm such a hopeful person...guess that's not a bad thing?

I LOVE football too! I don't quite get into the picks and all that, but, love the sport. College is my favorite, I love the rivalry; but, I've gotten into pro some since we live in a town now with a team. It's easier/more fun for me to watch if I am rooting for someone ;) If I don't have anyone in particular, I usually go for the underdogs.

Hope this week brings you sudden and welcome relief to all this GUNK! Glad you are feeling more uplifted today!