Sunday, March 30, 2008

March 30: Treading Water

SIDE EFFECTS FOR THIS DAY: headaches (pain rating 3); left groin, left side transverse colon meridian (pain rating 4); lower back (pain rating 6); hot flashes during evening and night; rib cage on the side (pain rating 5); left leg pain (pain rating 5); knee pain (pain rating 5); cramps; heart racing/palpitations.

As quickly as they come, they die off. I have absolutely no idea why or why they come back. I can't say that it's related to medicine, though I would like for them to be (that would mean somehow I could control it). But I wait for the less painful times and try to get as much done as possible. I know I should rest, but my rest times have to count as my pain times so I can catch up otherwise. These deadlines aren't controlled by me.

Today I am feeling cramps for the first time in a while. The doctor said would get a period though, after all this time, I thought perhaps it had passed. I hope it's not as bad as she said it would be. Or at least wait a couple more days. Is there ever a good time to be struggling?

Sometimes I question why I just don't go ahead and get everything removed and be done with it. If I knew for sure I'd really be done with it, sometimes that doesn't seem like such a bad choice.

No comments: