Saturday, March 29, 2008

March 29: These *effing* headaches

SIDE EFFECTS FOR THIS DAY: headaches (pain rating 8)
Because this is all I can think about this very second... the pounding in my head. I can barely see; taking a shower was dizzying; I can barely think. Why won't this go away? There's nothing else that exists this very second except my incessant heartbeat felt as the pounding on the top of my head.


Later in the day...
Today was awful. During the middle of these mind numbing headaches, I received an urgent call from the hall to listen to balance for an important concert tonight (not one I am performing on but one I am involved with in other ways). Luckily, the hall is practically across from my house, though I don't remember how I got there. The sound was deafening to me and just reverbrated along with everything else inside my head. I barely managed to listen or be human.

I didn't get to go back tonight though I was needed and needed to be there to meet and greet, be supportive, meet with donors, etc. Way too pained. So I stayed home and struggled to stay focused enough to work on other marketing projects. Perhaps this is what the crown of thorns felt like...

1 comment:

Edward said...

I just wrote a lengthy comment that I think disappeared w/o being recorded.

I'll give some thought to how much of it is worth typing again.

In the meantime...

Please know that with every beautiful Spring blossom I see or birdsong or serene musical note I hear during these early Spring days and nights, I will take a long breath and focus on channelling the joy of those sensations into feelings of painless calms that travel straight to you.

You possess more courage and strength and stamina and sheer human will than I can comprehend.

I pray on my knees that your awful pain and suffering cease immediatelty and forever.

May God release you from this incredibly unfair agonly today.

Blessings to you.
Edward