Sunday, May 11, 2008

May 10: Old Faithful

SIDE EFFECTS FOR THIS DAY: headaches (pain rating 1); left groin pain (pain rating 5); ovarian pain (4); lower back pain (4); leg pain (3); pain on left side (2); hot flashes/night sweats; problems with sleep; nightmares.

I practiced today. I'm about a week out from a regional premiere and realized how far behind I am. But my voice, if it holds, will be fine. It's in a good place right now for this work.

I slept for a long time last night, but was interrupted by half a dozen nightmares. These dreams seem so vivid and true. Some of them in recent days are about people I haven't thought about in years and others involve my current cast of characters. All the nightmares involve my worst fears... I guess all nightmares do. They are just so incredibly vivid. Though I have always remembered my dreams, these seem so real that when I wake I can barely separate them from reality. Strange.

I did not get to walk today, but I managed to carry some things to the car and the dumpster. I did some housework.

I think this week has been better, all in all, but I keep going back to the same question. Did the Lupron help what it was originally supposed to help? The answer is no. It's my understanding that I would have seen improvement by now, yet even as I type, I feel the familiar knife-like pain in my groin.

2 comments:

My Endo Journey said...

I'm with you-in that if things aren't being helped, and, you have these mounting side effects on top of it...I'd just stop too. :( I mean, the pain SHOULD be gone now-I would think? This is your 3rd shot, right? When was your next shot scheduled? Have you ever gone the BC route? I hope that you will be able to find relief!!! Have you ever tried acupuncture? I haven't, yet, but, I've heard it helps! Perhaps something you can try in the meantime to help combat your pains? I'm a "fixer"-always want to fix people's problems. So, pardon my barrage of suggestions here. I hate that this isn't helping and you are still hurting!!! Stupid blasted endo!!!

Lupron Journal said...

Next week would be shot #3. I was told by this point the original pain should be gone, but then nothing has been as it was supposed to be.


I'm all for fixing too! I did two types of bcp, neither helped. In fact the endo got progressively worse. Before I knew about the endo, I was already on the correct bcp because of my concerns re: the hormonal effects of estrogen on my voice.

The endo, years ago, followed a more cyclic pattern. Now it just never goes away, being like that for two years or so. It often worse at night when I am trying to find some comfortable way to sleep.