Thursday, March 27, 2008

March 26: Reprieve Extended?

SIDE EFFECTS FOR THIS DAY: headaches (pain rating 4); left groin, left side transverse colon meridian (pain rating 4); hot flashes during evening and night; left leg pain (pain rating 2); knee pain (pain rating 2); Hip pain (pain rating 3); Elbow pain (pain rating 3); heart racing/palpitations.

Posting this just a little late...

Most of today was a 2nd day into the reprieve. For the most part, the headaches were not a factor, just a low buzz of pain. I feel a bit drugged during the day(current regimen is 3.2g ibuprofen during the day, switch to 2 Darvocet 100-650 at night, add in Dramamine); however, if I can diminish these headaches, everything else is manageable at a moderate level. Severe is just severe; not much you can do about that.

Of course, everything was going pretty well until we tried to go out to eat and then I feel the claws of pain on the top of my head again. It didn't ramp up to terrible though, so I'm hoping it will go back down. There's really no rhyme or reason to this... no pattern I can establish with diet or sleep. I'm not even sure all the medicines help since there were certainly days in which they didn't. But I'll hold out for hope that maybe I'm past the flares? Or at least the worst part of them?

Of others' experiences, I've read where (and was warned by my doctor) to expect a period that would last for many, many days. That hasn't happened. I don't know if it will or if what I experienced was the worst of it. It's a little like waiting for the other shoe to drop while trying to stay positive.

Interestingly, I've just discovered in my own research that apparently Lupron is part of the treatment for women seeking in vitro? I cannot fathom wanting a child so badly that someone would actively choose this course of treatment. That's certainly not a criticism; it's a more a striking realization on my part that I've never harbored any kind of feeling like that. I'm sure what I'm describing must be as foreign to those of you that do, as your feelings are to me.


No comments: