Friday, March 28, 2008

March 27: Pushing the envelope

SIDE EFFECTS FOR THIS DAY: headaches (pain rating 4); left groin, left side transverse colon meridian (pain rating 4); lower back, upper left corner sacrum (pain rating 6); hot flashes during evening and night; rib cage on the side (pain rating 5); left leg pain (pain rating 2); knee pain (pain rating 2); Hip pain (pain rating 3); Elbow pain (pain rating 4); heart racing/palpitations.

The headaches were manageable but began to ramp up as the day wore on. Today was a big test and I knew I was pushing the envelope. There was a concert/lecture series at 1pm for which I prepared and gave program notes. Shortly thereafter, I had a two-hour meeting with an unexplored contact whom I hope will become a donor and/or connect me with potential sponsors. By the end, I was drained and my lower back was in rebellion.

When I got home, walking was a chore. It was that upper left corner on the sacrum that was crying foul. Again, had the headaches been at their worst this would have impossible. It wasn't easy. But I made it. I functioned for four hours in public, with 30 minutes of that time standing. Very difficult but not impossible.

No comments: